Potato and Bacon Soup
Potato and Bacon Soup is a rich, creamy and tasty dish which is very easy to make. The combination of sour cream, cheese and milk with crispy bacon bits is just amazing. This is perfect to eat with bread on a cold night…
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 c. potatoes, cubed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 c. milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Add onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium-sized pot, add potatoes and 1 cup of water. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, bacon and onions. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese, then salt and pepper to taste. Keep stirring and turn off heat once it starts to boil.
- Sprinkle some more cheese on top before serving.
- Share this potato and bacon soup and enjoy!