Pork Giniling is an excellent Filipino recipe. It is made of ground pork, potatoes, carrots, peas, and raisins. Other versions of this recipe don’t have raisins but for me, raisins is what makes it better. The sweet and salty combination is just great! Best to eat with white rice. Simple yet very tasty!
- 1 lb pork
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small size onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3/4 cups green peas
- 1/2 cup raisins
- green onions(optional)
- salt to taste
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the garlic and sauté until the color turns light brown.
- Add the onions and sauté until the texture becomes soft.
- Put in the ground pork and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, garlic powder, pepper and oyster sauce and continue mixing for about 2-3 minutes.
- Put the water and potatoes and stir until every ingredient is properly distributed. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, raisins, and carrots, cover and simmer again for another 8-10minutes.
- Add sugar and salt(depending on taste) then stir for a couple minutes.
- Turn off the heat, top with green onions and serve over white rice.
- Share this pork giniling recipe and enjoy!