The spice mix can be used on pork spareribs, country-style ribs, or pretty much any other type of pork ribs. This will be good with chicken too! The thickness of the ribs varies so you might end up with leftover mix. I usually just prepare the mix, and just take out what I need then save the rest. You can even double the batch and just put it in a container and keep it in your kitchen so it will come handy the next time you feel like cooking ribs again.
This Dry Rub Pork Ribs is just so good…you won’t be disappointed!
- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Clean the ribs. In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Coat ribs liberally with spice mix. If you want
- Place ribs in a roasting pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Bake uncovered for 2-3 hours, or until the ribs are tender and nearly fall apart. Simply adjust the oven time for up for meatier cuts.
- After baking, set aside ribs and prepare your grill.
- Grill the pork for about 10-12 minutes. Turn occasionally and do not overcook or it’s gonna dry out.
- Share and enjoy!