Chicken Sotanghon Guisado is another popular noodle dish in the Philippines. It is similar to Pancit Bihon or Pancit Canton. Some people use annato (atsuete) to provide color and also for presentation. Don’t worry, it will not affect the taste. I also like to squeeze a few drops of lime or lemon juice on top before I eat. This just gives extra flavor to the dish. The scallions are used for toppings but I totally forgot to put some before I took a pic… Maybe I was sooo hungry and couldn’t wait to eat. 🙂
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (leftover rotisserie will be good too)
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) sotanghon noodles(vermicelli)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cube chicken bouillon(optional)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped thinly
- 2 medium-sized carrots, julienned
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- chopped scallions for toppings(optional)
- In a large pan or wok, heat oil and brown garlic.
- Add onions, cook til soft then add tomatoes. Stir for about a minute.
- Add shredded chicken and mix.
- Pour water and let it boil.
- Once it starts to boil, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce and chicken bouillon.
- Cover and simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add celery and red bell pepper. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and simmer for about a minute before adding the carrots. Stir for 4-5 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper depending on taste.
- Push the chicken and vegetables on one side of the pan, then add the sotanghon noddles on the other side. Coat with broth/sauce and cook til soft.
- Mix the noodles with the rest of the ingredients until well combined.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with chopped scallions.
- You can squeeze some lemon juice on top before eating(optional).
- Enjoy your Chicken Sotanghon Guisado and don’t forget to share!
This Filipino-Style Spaghetti is a must-have in every kiddie party in the Philippines. Unlike the Traditional Italian spaghetti, the Filipino-style Spaghetti has this sweet taste that kids love. The main ingredient is not just ground meat but lots of hot dogs as well. The sweet taste of the sauce is a total hit not just to the kids but adults too! Try it and I’m sure your family will love it!
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 32 oz pasta sauce
- 1 lb ground pork (you can use Italian sausage too)
- 14-16 oz smoked sausage (cheddar flavor is good), chopped into thin circles
- 1/3 cup banana ketchup
- 1/4 cup condensed milk(you can add more if u want to adjust sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small size onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp oil
- oil for frying chopped sausages
- Cook pasta according to package instruction.
- In a small pan, fry the sliced sausages to make it a little crispy.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp oil using medium heat. Brown the garlic. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the ground pork and mix. Cook until evenly brown. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta sauce and mix thoroughly. Add the banana ketchup and condensed milk. Simmer on low-medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the fried sausages and continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Add 3-4 slices Velvetta cheese or Kraft American cheese. Keep stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Pour over spaghetti noodles and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top.
- Enjoy and don’t forget to share!
Pasta Carbonara is a popular Italian recipe. If you want some pasta but don’t feel like eating it with red sauce, then this is a great recipe for you. There are different ways to cook this recipe and this is my version. This Creamy Pasta Carbonara is quick and easy to make. The rich and creamy sauce is just amazing. I put bacon on it but adding ham would also be good. Usually, the process of adding eggs is done at the very end when pasta is off the heat. But what I did was I mixed it with the sauce first before taking it off the heat. That way, I know that my eggs are cooked. But you can definitely add the egg mixture right after you turn off heat (while pasta is still super hot) coz that’s what most people do. Either way, it’s gonna be delicious!
- 1 package, 12 ounces Pasta, Any Variety
- 8 pieces Thick Cut Bacon (diced Small)
- 1/2 Medium Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 whole Eggs
- 3/4 cups Finely Grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cups table cream (heavy cream is ok too)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, or to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until just barely crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all of the bacon grease, except about 1-2 tablespoons. Return the pan to the stove over medium-low heat and brown the garlic. Add the onions and cook til soft. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, Parmesan, table cream, softened cream cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- When the pasta is done, reserve a cup or two of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and put it back in the pot over low heat. Slowly drizzle in the egg mixture, stirring the pasta the whole time. The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Splash in a little hot pasta water if needed for consistency.
- Once the pasta is fully coated, add the bacon and sauteed onion/garlic. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well combined. Turn off heat and immediately transfer the pasta to a bowl or plate.
- Top with extra Parmesan for extra cheesy flavor. Serve immediately!
- Enjoy your Pasta Carbonara and don’t forget to share!
Fettuccine Alfredo with Parmesan Crusted Chicken is another family’s favorite. The sauce is thick and creamy while the chicken is crispy and crunchy…such a good combination!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb Fettuccine Pasta
Parmesan Crusted Chicken:
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 5 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until ‘al dente’ or desired softness. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter then add cream cheese.
- When the cream cheese is softened, add heavy cream.
- Bring to a low simmer then season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese and stir until incorporated and melted.
- Mix with cooked pasta.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken:
- While pasta and sauce are cooking, beat eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix Panko, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
- One at a time, dip chicken breast in egg and then transfer it into the next bowl to coat with the breading mixture.
- In a large skillet, pour some cooking oil. Pan-fry chicken until no longer pink in the center and crust is golden brown.
- Slice the chicken and put on top of the pasta.
- Share and enjoy!