My kids love apples. That’s why I constantly look for apple recipes to make them happy. This Apple Fritters recipe is one of their favorites. It’s so easy to prepare too. Instead of making the batter, I used pancake mix…quick, easy and tasty! Using apple juice instead of water is also a plus. It just gives more flavor. This is great for an afternoon snack or even dessert. I’m sure you will love these too! Enjoy!
- 2 apples (Red or Golden)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (1 wedge will be fine)
- 2 cups complete pancake mix(any brand)
- 1 1/3 cups apple juice or water
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tsp white sugar
- oil for frying
- Chop the apples into cubes. The thickness depends on how you want it to be. You can even slice it into thin wedges but I prefer mine in cubes. Sprinkle sliced apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Mix together pancake mix and apple juice(or water), season with nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the chopped apples. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Heat oil (approximately 1 inch deep) on medium heat. Make sure oil is hot before frying.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on the size.
- Remove from the hot oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with white sugar on top.
- Enjoy your delicious apple fritters and don’t forget to share!s. Sprinkle sliced apples with the juice of a wedge of lemon to prevent browning.
This Cinnamon Cake is just soooo yummy. It’s moist, soft and very tasty. It smells so good too! This will be perfect for breakfast, dessert or just a snack. Best to eat warm.
- 3 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 5 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix the cinnamon cake ingredients together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze. If you have a pastry bag, put the filling in that and squeeze onto the cake. If no pastry bag, just cut the corner out of a plastic bag or ziploc bag. While still warm, drizzle the glaze over the cake. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Share and enjoy!
Black Sambo is a mouth-watering, creamy dessert. It’s a two layered gelatin made of cream, milk and chocolate. Easy to make and very yummy! My kids just love this! I’m sure this will be a hit to your family too! (Recipe derived from pinoyrecipe.net)
- Nestle Cream 1 can big
- Condensed milk 1 can big
- Knox unflavored Gelatin 2 packs
- Evaporated milk 1 can big
- White sugar 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s or Ricoa unsweetened chocolate, melt in 1 cup hot water
- Knox unflavored Gelatin 2 packs
*Hershey’s Syrup (original chocolate flavor) for drizzle on top of each slice
- Melt 2 packs of of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water.
- Mix Nestle cream and condensed milk in a pan under low fire.
- Add the melted Knox to the Nestle cream and condensed milk mixture and continue stirring for about 10 minutes under low fire.
- Place half of the mixture in 13×9 pan (if u want to make 4 layers) and let cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before adding next layer. Or freeze for 15 minutes for fast results. Make sure that it is already formed before you pour the next layer.
- Melt 2 packs of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water
- Mix evaporated milk, sugar, and melted chocolate in a pan under low fire.
- Add the melted Knox to the milk, sugar and chocolate mixture and continue stirring for 10 minutes under low fire.
- Set aside mixture and let it cool. When it is cool enough place mixture on top of the first layer and refrigerate. You can make 2 or 4 layers.
- Let it cool for 2 hours before serving but we suggest you refrigerate it overnight to make sure that Black Sambo dessert is completely formed. To serve Black Sambo, drizzle Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup on top of each slice.
- Share and enjoy this melt in your mouth Black Sambo recipe!