Filipino Style Spaghetti
This Filipino-Style Spaghetti is a must-have in every kiddie party in the Philippines. Unlike the Traditional Italian spaghetti, the Filipino-style Spaghetti has this sweet taste that kids love. The main ingredient is not just ground meat but lots of hot dogs as well. The sweet taste of the sauce is a total hit not just to the kids but adults too! Try it and I’m sure your family will love it!
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 32 oz pasta sauce
- 1 lb ground pork (you can use Italian sausage too)
- 14-16 oz smoked sausage (cheddar flavor is good), chopped into thin circles
- 1/3 cup banana ketchup
- 1/4 cup condensed milk(you can add more if u want to adjust sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small size onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp oil
- oil for frying chopped sausages
- Cook pasta according to package instruction.
- In a small pan, fry the sliced sausages to make it a little crispy.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp oil using medium heat. Brown the garlic. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the ground pork and mix. Cook until evenly brown. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta sauce and mix thoroughly. Add the banana ketchup and condensed milk. Simmer on low-medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the fried sausages and continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Add 3-4 slices Velvetta cheese or Kraft American cheese. Keep stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Pour over spaghetti noodles and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top.
- Enjoy and don’t forget to share!