Filipino Style Chicken Curry
Our family loves dishes with coconut milk. This Filipino Style Chicken Curry is a dish with coconut milk and curry spices, mixed with vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and bell pepper. This is similar to ginataang manok but with a twist. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 medium potato, wedge cut
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1 small bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- In a large pan, heat oil. Saute garlic, onions, tomatoes, and ginger.
- Add chicken and cook until evenly brown.
- Add coconut milk and let it boil. Add the curry powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix thoroughly and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Add potatoes and let it cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add bell pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Add the carrots. Mix and let it simmer for 5 more minutes before turning off heat.
- Serve warm over white rice.
- Enjoy your Filipino style chicken curry and don’t forget to share!