Creamy Pasta Carbonara
Pasta Carbonara is a popular Italian recipe. If you want some pasta but don’t feel like eating it with red sauce, then this is a great recipe for you. There are different ways to cook this recipe and this is my version. This Creamy Pasta Carbonara is quick and easy to make. The rich and creamy sauce is just amazing. I put bacon on it but adding ham would also be good. Usually, the process of adding eggs is done at the very end when pasta is off the heat. But what I did was I mixed it with the sauce first before taking it off the heat. That way, I know that my eggs are cooked. But you can definitely add the egg mixture right after you turn off heat (while pasta is still super hot) coz that’s what most people do. Either way, it’s gonna be delicious!
- 1 package, 12 ounces Pasta, Any Variety
- 8 pieces Thick Cut Bacon (diced Small)
- 1/2 Medium Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 whole Eggs
- 3/4 cups Finely Grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cups table cream (heavy cream is ok too)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, or to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until just barely crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all of the bacon grease, except about 1-2 tablespoons. Return the pan to the stove over medium-low heat and brown the garlic. Add the onions and cook til soft. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, Parmesan, table cream, softened cream cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- When the pasta is done, reserve a cup or two of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and put it back in the pot over low heat. Slowly drizzle in the egg mixture, stirring the pasta the whole time. The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Splash in a little hot pasta water if needed for consistency.
- Once the pasta is fully coated, add the bacon and sauteed onion/garlic. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well combined. Turn off heat and immediately transfer the pasta to a bowl or plate.
- Top with extra Parmesan for extra cheesy flavor. Serve immediately!
- Enjoy your Pasta Carbonara and don’t forget to share!