Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Cordon Bleu is chicken stuffed with ham and cheese. It’s a simple recipe but looks like you really worked hard on it. One thing I love on this dish is that, it’s crispy outside yet moist inside.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (try to use the largest chicken breasts you can find so you’ll be able to roll them easier)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (or enough to make a layer on the breasts)
- 4 slices of Black Forest ham or any cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of each chicken breasts. Place cheese and then ham slices on top of each breast. Roll up and secure with a toothpick on each end.
- In a bowl, mix Panko, Italian Seasoning, and melted butter. Make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Slowly dip each breast in egg and roll in the prepared breadcrumbs. Place in baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven and remove the toothpicks. Slice and serve while still hot. Best to eat with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Share and enjoy!