My kids love apples. That’s why I constantly look for apple recipes to make them happy. This Apple Fritters recipe is one of their favorites. It’s so easy to prepare too. Instead of making the batter, I used pancake mix…quick, easy and tasty! Using apple juice instead of water is also a plus. It just gives more flavor. This is great for an afternoon snack or even dessert. I’m sure you will love these too! Enjoy!
- 2 apples (Red or Golden)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (1 wedge will be fine)
- 2 cups complete pancake mix(any brand)
- 1 1/3 cups apple juice or water
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tsp white sugar
- oil for frying
- Chop the apples into cubes. The thickness depends on how you want it to be. You can even slice it into thin wedges but I prefer mine in cubes. Sprinkle sliced apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Mix together pancake mix and apple juice(or water), season with nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the chopped apples. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Heat oil (approximately 1 inch deep) on medium heat. Make sure oil is hot before frying.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on the size.
- Remove from the hot oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with white sugar on top.
- Enjoy your delicious apple fritters and don’t forget to share!s. Sprinkle sliced apples with the juice of a wedge of lemon to prevent browning.